The following is the traffic arrangement for the funeral procession of the late Sir Cuthbert Sebastian on Monday 10th April 2017:
1. The body will leave Liamuiga Funeral Home to Government House through JNF Hospital compound, at 07:57.
2. Procession will exit the eastern gate and proceed down to Cayon Street on Virgil Newton Street
3. At 1:10 pm the procession will leave Government House to the St. Georges Anglican Church, via the following route: i. Cayon Street ii. Church Street iii. Left on Central Street iv. Up Fort Street v. Left on Cayon Street, pausing temporarily at the former residence.
4. No parking will be permitted on Cayon Street between Fort Street and College St. from 06:00 on April 10th. This area will be reserved for funeral use only.
5. Traffic will flow westwards only along Springfield road during the time the body is lying in state at Government House. (8:00 am – 1:30 pm)
6. The portion of Cayon St. between Fort St. and College St will be closed to vehicular traffic from 1:00 pm.
As the portion of Virgil Newton Street south of the Hospital’s exit is one way, vehicular traffic entering Virgil Newton Street from Cayon Street will be temporarily restricted half an hour before the arrival of the procession. Similarly, the portion of Central Street between Fort Street and Church Street is one way, therefore that portion will also be closed half an hour before the arrival of the procession, to facilitate smooth passage. The cooperation of the motoring public is solicited.