Diplomatic Uproar As Iranian Enters Canada As St. Kitts & Nevis Diplomat
- Published on Tuesday, 19 November 2013 15:19
- Written by Sourced Information
- Hits: 2631
Basseterre, St.Kitts (Team UNITY Communications):-The entry of an Iranian into Canada on a St. Kitts & Nevis passport has drawn the concern of the Canadian Immigration Authorities and the Canadian government. The Canadian Authorities raised an alarm after one Alizeera Moghadhan entered the North American country with not just an ordinary St.Kitts-Nevis passport but instead a Diplomatic passport of St.Kitts-Nevis. So concerned was the Canadian government that they sent out one of their emissaries to speak urgently and forcefully to the illegitimate St.Kitts-Nevis Government led by Dr Denzil Douglas.
The emissary told the St. Kitts & Nevis government that the government of Canada would no longer continue the Visa free access to Canada if its borders were penetrated by persons of dubious character carrying St. Kitts and Nevis passports. The Canadian government insisted that citizens from Afghanistan and Iran could not be part of the citizenship by investments Program (sale of passports) which the Dr. Douglas government has made the growth industry of the Federation.
The illegitimate Prime Minister issued a press release indicating that it would no longer extend the sale of passports to citizens of Iran and Afghanistan. No explanation was offered and despite concerns raised by Opposition Team UNITY Candidates and citizens of the federation Douglas refused to indicate or tell the nation what prompted the about face in policy regarding Iranians and Afghans. The illegitimiate Prime Minister Douglas hid from the public the fact that:
- Alizeera Moghadam an Iranian entered Canada on a St. Kitts & Nevis diplomatic passport.
- Moghadam stated that he came to Canada to see the Prime Minister of Canada. He breached all protocols relating to the visit of foreign officials entering a country on official business with the Canadian Prime Minister. He had no appointment. He was an unknown. He could not state the nature of his diplomatic engagements.
- Without a St. Kitts & Nevis passport Moghadam would have had difficulties in getting access to Canada. Moghadam told officials that he paid $1 million for his diplomatic passport.
In light of this answers must be demanded by citizens of St.Kitts-Nevis to the following questions:
· Is the Douglas government now selling diplomatic passports?
· Who determines the price of these?
· Is this a responsible thing to do?
· Is it not a breach of international protocol in relation to the issuance of diplomatic passports?
· What functions were Moghadam to carry out? And on whose direction?
· Has his passport been revoked?
Dr. the Hon. Timothy Harris the leader of the opposition Team UNITY and who is favoured by the majority of citizens in the federation to be Prime Minister according to recent Don Anderson polls said “Serious damage has been done to the image and reputation of St. Kitts & Nevis by its unlawful leader Dr. Denzil Douglas who having lost the constitutional basis to remain as Prime Minister , is doing everything to hold on to power. Each day he continues his illegitimate rule our country’s reputation takes a slide.”
Dr. Harris continued , “We have become an outcast, the odd one in the practice of democracy and good governance. For nearly one year Douglas as minority leader, has been breaking the constitutional principles and practices by refusing to debate the Motion of No Confidence and to resign as Prime Minister. He does not command the support of the majority of Members of Parliament. The constitution at clause 52 says that the Prime Minister shall be the person commanding the support of the majority of Members of Parliament. Douglas government is therefore unconstitutional.”
The popular and charismatic Unity Leader at a Massive Public Meeting held on Friday November 15th in the heart of the Capital Basseterre, that the failed Douglas government had ran out of ideas to take the country forward and was now doing incredible damage to our country’s reputation through the cavalier sale of passports, and his refusal to debate the Motion of No Confidence.
Sadly innocent citizens who play no part in the power hungry maneuvers of Douglas may very well lose the Visa free entry into Canada that we have enjoyed for many generations.
Dr. Harris told the hundreds of enthusiastic citizens and supporters on Bank Street that “Our beloved country deserves fighting for and to restore the country’s good name we have to rid the country of the mis-leadership, mis-management, lack of transparency and lack of accountability which typify the Douglas unconstitutional and illegitimate regime. St. Kitts & Nevis deserves a better future. Only a Unity government can redeem the good name of St. Kitts & Nevis.”
Team UNITY Communications Secretariat
Top Press Releases
Top Local Stories
- WINN FM Evening News - 28th July, 2014
Click below to hear full item
- Inside the News Saturday 26th July, 2014
- The Bigger Picture with Ken Richards 27th July, 2014
-The Operating Room 22nd July, 2014
-Commentary - Sonia Boddie: Remember Yesterday,Dream For Tomorrow, Live For Today