ST. THOMAS — St. Thomas-St. John District Police Chief, Jason Marsh, said during a press briefing here on Monday that the suspect that was shot by police during the McDonald’s robbery and hostage incident on Saturday night was a minor, as well as one of the two surviving suspects.

Chief Marsh said during the briefing that the deceased minor will be identified by police, as well as the surviving 18-year-old suspect. The other minor will not be identified, at least for now.

Stating that between 5-7 hostages were held up during the incident, Chief Marsh said once officers learned of the incident, law enforcement swarmed the McDonald’s restaurant, ensuring that there were no exits for the suspects to escape. He said officers from the V.I.P.D. and the Supreme and Superior courts responded to the incident while it was ongoing. Federal officers responded after, he said.

Chief Marsh also confirmed V.I.P.D. Commissioner Delroy Richard’s observation that, while yet to be confirmed, there were striking similarities between Saturday night’s incident and the robbery that occurred at the Pony Parlor last week: the three men were Hispanics, and they wielded similar weapons.

Read more

Author: Sourced InformationEmail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Recent Articles

Add comment


Security code
Refresh

Top Regional News

West Indies News Network (WINN FM 98.9)
Unit C24, The Sands Complex
Newtown Bay Road, Basseterre
St. Kitts, West Indies

Telephone
St. Kitts (Office): 869.466.9586
St. Kitts (Studio-On Air): 869.466.0989
Miami: 1.305.921.4619

New York: 1-718-285-6984
UK : 0333 -344-0065

Copyright © 2017 West Indies News Network. All rights reserved.

Website Design & Development: Genesis Creatives, St. Kitts Nevis