(Dominica New Online) US-based blogger Kenneth Rijock has fired back in response to information that he is being sued, saying the matter is going to have casualties and could lead to the fall of the government.
He said is going to defend himself zealously.
“I can tell you that I intend to zealously defend myself,” he said on Q95’s ‘Talk on the Block’ on Tuesday afternoon.
On Tuesday morning, Senior Counsel Tony Astaphan said that Prime Minister, Roosevelt Skerrit, Foreign Affairs Minister, Francine Baron, National Security Minister, Rayburn Blackmoore, and Police Inspector Pellam Jno Baptist have filed a lawsuit against Rijock after he failed to retract allegations he made in a blog post that thousands of blank Dominican passports were issued to Moroccan Ambassador to Dominica, Mohamed Benjilay earlier this year.
Rijock’s allegations were rubbished by the Ministry of National Security and he was told to retract the statements or face court action. He didn’t and the lawsuit was filed at the High Court in Roseau on Monday, May 15.
Rijock is not backing down and he made it clear where he stands on the matter.
“I can tell you that in bringing this case, the plaintiffs have themselves been exposed to producing their own truths as difficult as it may be for them and as such I welcome the opportunity to have my day in court, in that case, and let the stones, and let the troubles fall where it may be,” he stated.